Monday, October 24, 2011

happy happy 9 months Finn!

Our Little Man is 9 months today!!
   I know I say this every time but has it SERIOUSLY been that long already?
 
 
 






















What we love about Finn at 9 months:
  • His big toothy grin! He's now got two on top and two on bottom.
  • With his new teeth he loves to chomp! He is exploring all kinds of new food and textures and loves to taste everything that mommy and daddy are eating.
  • He loves to scream at the top of his lungs at a very high pitch. He's found that it definitely gets a reaction out of us and he just thinks it's hilarious.
  • We are teaching him a few signs during meal time and he has really taken to "more" (of course, he is his mother's son) and "all done."
  • We love how observant he is, he focuses so hard on us when we are trying to teach him things, and although is still takes a couple 100 times before he can do it himself, you can tell he's taking it all in.
  • He absolutely loves horsey rides on Daddy's back, and will take any oportunity to play chase. His favorite time is when we just get him out of the bath and bring him in his room to get him dressed, he'll take off crawling as fast as he can and with a quick flash of his naked bootie he's gone; bookin it down the hall and into the living room to hide behind the couches.
  • Peak-a-boo is another one of his favorite games. He loves to pull the blanket over his head and rip it off all by himself as we say Peak-a-boo.
  • He loves to walk! Although I wouldn't call him a pro quite yet, he is definitely stepping up his game, and loves practicing, especially around sharp corners and drop offs because it gives mommy a heart attack.
  • Getting ready for nap/bed is one of my favorite times. I'll pull the curtains and sit on the rocking chair in his room and start to sing. He pops his thumb into his mouth and his little body will just melt into mine. "I'm trying to be like Jesus" is one of his favorite songs, while I sing it he just lays there completely still snuggling me. I sing it over and over, lay him down, and watch him pull his legs up under him like a stink bug with his thumb still glued to his mouth.  
 These 9 months have been such a blast. I love seeing his little personality blossom. He is such a joy and really lights up our home! We love you buddy!

3 comments:

  1. aww I just love hearing about Finn! The older he gets the more I can see Daniel in him, but I still think he looks so much like his Mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love LOVE him!! the pictures are adorable:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. he is so cute Natalie!! Y'all are adorable. hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete