Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Ladies and Gentlemen...... We have a Toddler!

So there is this little play ground in Hermann park called Toddler Town, everything is itty bitty and soft and there are fun little things to walk around and play with. So I didn't think that Finn would fit in SO well here, quite yet...... We went to check it out and have a picnic last night for family night and let me tell you Finn was more than comfortable!


He loved playing with daddy on all the toys especially because
                        He's a walkin!!
Last week Finn was just standing against the wall watching me fold laundry down the hall, when all of a sudden he gave me this determined look and let go of wall! Despite his very concentrated face he took one step and face planted. That one step seemed to lite a fire inside him, and he became a very focused little boy. The rest of the week he was found attempting to walk anywhere and everywhere. He starting by trying to moving his legs very fast and leaning forward to get from one stable thing to the next as soon as possible, when that resulted in a lot of bonks and bruises he took things a little slower. He began to realize that if he took a second and found his balance before he started moving, he could actually take a couple of steps in a row. Well with lots of practice and a very sore tushie he is a walkin man! He can take about 8 consecutive steps, and we couldn't be prouder. 
Way to go little man!!

Sorry its sideways I have no idea how to rotate it....

 






Also these past few months he has been so much fun! He is 8 1/2 months and is so full of personality! His favorite thing to do is pull all of our books and movies from off of the shelf and stand on them,  (pic on the right) he just thinks he's so funny! In the pic on the left he's wearing the cutest owl hat that our friend Amy made for him, he was trying to "cheese it" but that pesky flash was too darn bright.

 We have also switched to cloth diapers!!! I know I know I must be crazy right?! but they are just so darn cute on him! I also like: how gentle they are on his skin, not throwing hundreds of diapers in the garbage, and saving money!!

This is at the Children's Museum, it's a 10 minute walk from our house and Finn loves the "Tot Spot." It is a toddler's wonderland; they have every toy and fun thing you can imagine. We need to go back now that he is a little more stable on his feet so that he can explore everything on a whole new 'level' :)

Also this is the first piece to his Halloween costume! I fashioned it out of an adult size shirt that we found at Goodwill. The design was perfect for his character, him and his daddy are going to be quite a pair (I'm so glad that Daniel was game for dressing up as a tiger) any guess as to what he will be?

9 comments:

  1. Good golly! Walking before 9 months?! Crazy talk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome kid! Good luck keeping up with his new found mobility! P.S. Ben has a Hobbes costume Dan can use!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CALVIN AND HOBBES?! Oh my gosh you're a genius! That is going to be the cutest costume! What are you going to be? Also, I can't believe he's already walking--that's so amazing! I want to see you guys again really soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Walking already???!!! Eek!!!! That's so fun! Baby-proofing takes on a whole new level with a walkin' toddler! how fun, Nat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Get if Finn!! I can't believe how fast he is growing. I am so excited to see yall in a few months!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhhh! I cannot believe he's walking! Remember how you always talked about how scary it was to see babies (not toddlers) walking well my friend you have a walking baby! He is still a baby, stop growing Finn!! But it's not scary it's adorable:) and i can't wait to see him walk to me! My fav picture is him cheesing it in the owl hat:) OH how i miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable update! Eric is super jealous of your Calvin and Hobbes idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your little family is doing great! I love your blog. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete