Monday, October 10, 2011

The 5:00 Showdown

There is something so strange about every night at 5 o'clock in the Anderson house hold.  Finn wakes up from his afternoon nap very driven. Daddy will be home in an hour and a half so...
Mommy's to do list:
  • Finish dinner
  • Pick up the house
  • Set the table
  • Get presentable (some quick mascara and maybe a crumb/spit-up/booger FREE shirt
  • Keep Finn out of trouble......That should be an easy one cause he's just a perfect little angel right???

 Finn's to do list:
  • Make sure mommy doesn't get her list done, at all costs. (Plan of action: Yell and scream when I know I'm just fine, refuse to be put down, dig out any cupboard that I can get my hands on, hold on to her legs so tight that she can't move around, have no interest in my toys and play with anything that usually has the ring of "no Finn" to it, and work hard to fill my diaper very, very full)
  • Put my "Woops, sorry mommy, I love you!" face on while I do it.
So needless to say Finn usually wins out and Daniel comes home to, a half set table, a messy house, a half presentable/ half defeated wife, a kiss, and a Finn HAND OFF.
 This is one of Finn's tactics. He'll grab onto my legs while I'm in the kitchen trying to make dinner and hold on for dear life, which leaves me having to peal him off when I need to walk somewhere else, then I need to continue to bounce around the kitchen trying not to stay in one place long enough for him to latch on again. Don't let that sweet face fool you, it's all part of his master plan.



A few weeks ago Daniel called me from work and told me that he scored free tickets to the Astros game at Minute Made park. This would be My and Finn's very first professional baseball game! Unfortunately when we got there I took 2 pics of D and then our camera died, but we were there too.
It was a lot of fun! Minute Made park is so cool, it has a big train that goes around the stadium when we score a home run and with all the big sponsor signs and lights it has a fun whimsical feel to it. We had awesome seats in the first balcony right behind home plate, this, along with the fact that the stadium as a huge dome that they close and run the AC, made baseball ACTUALLY interesting to watch for a little while!
 This was Finn's test run. We had bought tickets to the BYU-UT game in Austin and we were a little nervous about how he would do with such a big crowd. He was pretty good at the Astros game, he didn't love it when everyone cheered really loud (which luckily wasn't that often because it turns out that the Astros are terrible...) but he wouldn't get too upset and enjoyed looking at everything that was going on. So we were set for Austin about 2 weeks later.

This stadium had .... a few more people in it than Minute Made Park .... It was gorgeous. We were in the North end zone in the upper bowl with a bunch of other BYU fans. The best part about the stadium is that there is no upper bowl on the South end zone so you can see the Austin skyline which was breathtaking, especially when the sun went down!

 Finn was eating a graham cracker and making a funny face here, but he did so good. We plugged his ears with cotton balls so he was a lot less bothered by all the cheering.


 He fell asleep around the middle of the 3rd quarter, which was probably best considering the outcome of the game. walking out of that stadium full of 100,000 excited Texas fans wearing a BYU shirt was a little intense and pretty sad. We made it out alive and still had a blast!

3 comments:

  1. haha I love the picture of you and Finn in the kitchen! I know it must be frustrating for you but it makes for a good read for me! :) By the way, you're looking skinnnnny!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Blog. Thanks for sharing this fun time in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i love this post! I love how you described Finn's "master plan", you look SO good and skinny!! And you guys do such fun things together, um you're making it seem like it's not killing you living miles away from you're favorite sister... not ok! :) miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete