Monday, November 7, 2011

Hallo- to the -Ween!


Ok so I know this is way way late but I had to share some fun pics of Finn's first Halloween!
Finn posed as two players this year. First, Thursday morning Finn and I had a playgroup party to attend and we decided to dress up for it, but considering Daniel played a huge part in our family costume I decided to dress us up as something else. Finn's cousin Abby calls him "Huckleberry" so I decided it would be a fun quick costume to throw together. We went as Thom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn. 


 Then Thursday night we had a party with some friends in our ward and we went as Calvin (Finn) Hobbes (obviously Daniel) and I went as Calvin's mom.

The best part of the party was seeing everyone's costumes, there was: Disney's Robin Hood and Made Marian, Broadway Lion King's Nalla and Simba, Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy, the Old man and little boy from UP, and a few more that I didn't snatch a pic of.

Then we had our ward trunk-or-treat on Monday night. Besides getting eaten alive by mosquitoes all night, it was a great time. Then we came home and had dinner at the "Witch's Broom Cafe" haha I just made up some funny menus and named all of our food funny things, add a few drops of food coloring and WALA you have a "spooky" halloween dinner! It was a lot of fun so we decided to make this the start of a new family tradition!
We were so bummed that we couldn't make it to Dallas for Callie and Grants party which was INSANE. Callie went all out on treats and decorations it looked so sweet check out her post here. But it was a fun Halloween, I probably get one more year of dressing Finn up as what ever I want before he starts making demands so I'm already planning his costume for next year :)

5 comments:

  1. Aw Natalie your costumes are so great! I'm sad we didn't get to see them in person though so next year we'll make sure to make it work! And I want to hear more about your Halloween dinner - what were the names of the foods? It sounds like such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love how the costumes turned out! and i know i always say finn looks like D but in that first picture of the two of you smiling i think he looks so much like you! His smile is adorable! and you both have that twinkle in your eye:) Love the halloween dinner idea, you are so creative and such a cute mommy:) miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Pictures! Love your costumes, but I love the people in the costumes more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you guys! Cal our dinner was:
    Appetizer: Bat Brains (popcorn) Snake Venom Juicers (green Jello Jigglers formed in an empty egg carton)
    Main Course: Slow Cooked Monkey Brains (crockpot chilli) with Roasted Banchi Snout (Cornbread muffins)
    Dessert: Monster's bellybutton lint balls (M&Ms)
    We had had so much candy that I didn't go fancy on dessert, but I had to put something on the menu.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Natalie. I am so enjoying watching you and your little family. You are so much fun. Everything you touch gets color and flavor. I'm sure that your ward and your friends are happy to have you in Texas. I know my sister suffers, but she manages to get around. Keep up the good work. Finn is adorable and it's obvious he's a happy baby. I love you.

    ReplyDelete