Wednesday, May 4, 2011

bright lights big city


Houston here we come!

I always pictured us moving and starting a brand new life as something that was in the distant future. It turns out I was right, but that the distance was more of a football field rather than the vast ocean that I was imagining.

Daniel is now officially part of the working class wahoo!! He is in Kansas City right now training for two weeks, then he flies to Salt Lake to pack all of our stuff in to a moving pod, and to drive our car to Houston! That leaves me and Finn here taking care of the moving details. Daniel has been gone for only 3 days now and its been crazy. I miss him a ton but I have so much to do. I want time to go fast and slow down all at once.... its all been very dramatic :)

After I pack up all of our stuff with help from my Mom and sister (thank goodness) I'm off to Dallas to spend some time with Daniel's family which will be just what the Dr ordered. A week full of anxious babysitters, a sister-in-law yoga instructor (jackpot!) and a whole lot of naps by the pool.

As excited as I am for Houston its going to be really hard to leave Utah. Here family is just a few minutes away and there are so many cherished friends that it breaks my heart to leave. But I am determined to make this new chapter an exciting one, so Houston here we come!




3 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Good luck with the move! Have fun laying by the pool in Keller! Wish I could be there with ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used a TON of exclamation points in that comment.

    ReplyDelete